Saturday, November 29, 2008

Richard Siddaway's Blog: PowerShell and DHCP

I noticed that over on Richard Siddaway's Blog, he’s posed a question about PowerShell and DHCP. It would be neat to have a better (ie a PowerShell usable) interface to manage DHCP, but I’m not aware of one. On my home DHCP server, there are a couple of MIB files, suggesting that perhaps there’s some thing WMI related – but after some time using MOW’s most excellent WMI Explorer, I can’t find any mention in the WMI repository on the server.

I note that Windows Server 2008 R2 will include an updated DHCP Service (with Failover – horray). Although the pre-release information thus far does not suggest it, perhaps there will be some way with 2008R2. Once I get hold of the code, I’ll see if this in fact does exist.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: