Friday, April 22, 2005

Windows Server R2 Beta 2 Gets A Lot Closer

As reported by Mary Jo, in an eWeek article titled Microsoft Delivers Windows Server R2 Beta 2, the release of R2 comes a little closer.

For me, R2 is one of the best secrets around - hardly anyone seems to have heard of it. Thus far this calender ear, I've had very, very few delegates who've even heard of R2, let alone had seen it, or had much awareness of what it was and would do. I'm downloading B2 now, and hope to have a small new forest built with it by the end of the weekend!

1 comment:

Mark Wilson said...

You've had at least one candidate who has heard of R2 this year Thomas ;-) Although I do agree that there's not been much hype about it yet...

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with it and what new features you find, for example whether it includes the network access protection functionality that seems to be getting pushed back and back... or do we have to wait for Longhorn Server for that?